Tuesday 17 January 2012

Stumbling into stuff on the internet...

This is from Wikipedia so I guess most people have seen it but i just saw it and actually said WOW aloud. 



I love everything about this picture. The oddly bland studio setting. Her plain, slightly masculine chunky band on her ring finger (possibly a wedding ring? I know it looks like it is her right hand but she could have been Eastern European or the image could have been flipped).  The slightly more exciting looking ring that is frustratingly obscured on her other hand. The funny costume flowers on her top and in her hair. The tattoos have an amazing natural history theme - I really wish I could see the designs on her right arm more clearly. The pearl choker is just fab. Her raised eyebrow is so unlike most Victorian portraits I have seen... etc.

I love this picture.

xxx


(if it is fake I will be so sad)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment