Sunday 6 March 2011

Pick & Mix

On Wednesday I had the opportunity to display my jewellery alongside other Manchester student designers at Pick & Mix as part of Global Week. We also had live performances from Ariya Astrobeat Arkestra, Extra Love, Hunting Bears and Indigo Outlaw as well as dance from PSA, Aspire and Bhangra!

It was a fantastic night, so much going on and bringing so many different students together, so here are some pictures:

Indigo Outlaw

Aspire

Dream Factory


Hunting Bears (http://www.myspace.com/huntingbearsband) 

After watching the bands I quickly dodged backstage to add jewellery to the outfits made by R’O-GORMAN (http://skinnybelt.blogspot.com). I am afraid my pictures aren't amazing but hopefully there will be pictures from the proper photographer people later!








At the end the designers and backstage team got to have a little walkabout which was fun (I'm at the back)

 And finally my backstage shots of the jewellery! It was absolutely manic backstage so I had to take these super fast as the Bhangra dancers made their way through but hopefully these give some idea.


Gilded Fly ring and Gilded Chubby Beetle ring

Gilded Fly ring and Gilded Stag Beetle ring with Gilded Fly pendant.

Dung Beetle ring and Chubby Beetle ring with Crest Beetle pendant.

Twig and Leaf bracelet and Stag Beetle ring.

'Spider caught the Butterfly necklace with Fly ring and Stag Beetle ring.

All of my designs are currently available from www.joyeverley.co.uk, just look for Beetles!

It was such a lovely evening and a massive thank you to all the models and the backstage team and especially to Rhona who worked so hard to make the fashion show work!


More to come!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment