Tuesday 18 September 2012

New Cases!

As summer draws to a close I am getting back to work in earnest. Well, I say that, but I've started with the fun stuff - new cases!


I really enjoy hunting around junk shops to find nice old cases that are both suitably vintage and relatively cheap. The Stables Market in Camden Lock is where I ended up finding all three of my current collection.


The first is a lady's jewellery case, apparently 1920s, in racing green.






The second is a gentleman's grooming case with all sorts of attachments presumably for colognes and cufflinks etc. but to be honest I can't figure out what most of the compartments are for so if anyone knows anything about these things I would be grateful.







The third appears to be a doctor's case, apparently 1920s again, with original glass bottles and thermometers and things.






 Voilá!


More to come!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment